B.A., M.S.W., CE
Martha is the founder of Cathexis.
With more than 25 years of experience in the field, Martha has been involved in approximately 100 evaluations, and managed over 75. Martha was one of the first evaluators in Canada to be designated as a Credentialed Evaluator by the Canadian Evaluation Society.
She is a respected evaluator who is recognized for the innovative approach she takes to evaluation design and her ability to synthesize detailed information into reports that are useful for decision-making.
Martha has worked across a number of sectors, and is known for her expertise with evaluating multi-disciplinary and complex projects. She has recently ventured into the international arena, where she has led projects for United Nations Organization for Education, Science and Culture (UNESCO) and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
Martha now works with Cathexis on an associate basis.
Contributions to Evaluation
Martha is a key member of Canada’s evaluation community and has made substantial contributions to the profession. Most notably:
- Treasurer of the International Organization for Cooperation in Evaluation (IOCE)
- Advisor to the Brazilian Monitoring and Evaluation Network and South Asia’s Community of Evaluators
- President of the Canadian Evaluation Society (CES), 2010-2012
- Recipient of the CES ‘Contribution to Evaluation Theory and Practice’ award, 2009
- Board Member of the CES Ontario Chapter for eight years
In addition, Martha has taught professionals about evaluation, performance measurement, and data collection methods as a presenter in the CES Essential Skills Series. She also teaches ‘Effectiveness and Accountability through Evaluation’ with Ryerson University’s Continuing Education Program.
- The development of the field of evaluation
- Improving organizational capacity to do monitoring and evaluation
- Using evaluation to improve programming for vulnerable populations
- Canadian Evaluation Society (CES)
- American Evaluation Association (AEA)
- European Evaluation Society (EES)
Phone: 416-469-9954 x224