Respect for Persons
As a research firm, Cathexis has a duty to conduct all of our work in an ethical manner. This includes:
- Respect for human dignity
- Respect for vulnerable persons
- Respect for justice and inclusiveness
- Respect for free and informed consent
- Respect for privacy and confidentiality
- Recognizing the potential for harm
- Maximizing benefits for those involved
We apply the Canadian Evaluation Society’s (CES) Guidelines for Ethical Conduct as well as the Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS2) on Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans. Our consultants each have taken the TCPS Course on Research Ethics.
Where applicable, we follow the principles of OCAP (Ownership, Control, Access and Possession).
Protection of Privacy
Protecting the privacy of our clients and research participants is extremely important to us. Some of our privacy protection measures include:
- Ensuring that participants understand their rights when we request informed consent
- Collecting only information that is necessary
- Storing private or personal information securely