Become a Research Assistant for Cathexis
Cathexis Consulting (Toronto) is looking for recent graduates, current graduate students, and other junior-level researchers with an interest in applied social research to join our talent bank.
Who we are
Cathexis is a small consulting firm and Certified B Corp specializing in program evaluation. Our team is an incredible group of individuals whose various academic and professional backgrounds ultimately led us to a line of work where we help organizations measure, understand, and communicate their impact. At any given time, our team of seven is balancing 15-20 projects, primarily for public sector and not-for-profit clients. Our office is in Toronto, close to Bloor-Yonge subway station.
On occasion, we look to bring in extra team members who can help us get a big job done in a short timeframe. Right now we are anticipating some busy times ahead and we are looking for individuals interested in helping us as casual or contract research assistants.
Note that this is not a specific position—we are creating a pool of qualified individuals.
Your tasks would depend on the nature of the project(s) we bring you onto, and could include:
- Reviewing, critically assessing, and distilling findings from literature and documents
- Scheduling and/or conducting brief telephone surveys or interviews
- Organizing databases and entering data
- Analyzing data and preparing short reports
We are looking for someone who is…
- A clear and concise communicator
- Easy to work with, with great social-emotional skills
- Confident assessing and solving problems independently and proactively
- Able to manage and organize time with ease
- Careful and concerned about details
- Professional and mature, with a strong sense of integrity
- Able to find humour in tense situations and share a laugh with colleagues
- Really good with MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Interested in learning (or know their way around) other online and software applications
- Able to work at our downtown Toronto office location
- A graduate of a bachelor’s degree program or higher, with knowledge of social science research methods
- Ability to communicate in French (reading, writing, and/or speaking)
- Experience editing or publishing professional documents
- Experience with data viz or graphic design
What we offer
- A workspace at our Toronto office
- Flexible hours that can work with your schedule (note that our business hours are typically 8am-6pm Monday to Friday; there may be the requirement/possibility to work outside these hours)
- Hourly compensation ranging from $20-25 (depending on your experience and the nature of the work)
- Insight into the world of evaluation consulting
- Mentorship from our team of evaluators
- Complete our online form (so we can get to know you!)
- We will follow up with you if you look like a good match for one of our projects.
- We welcome and encourage applications from people living with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require any assistance with the online application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.